Virtual Experiences Research Group
About the project:
Below is a trial project that will familiarize you with a lot of what the research in the lab is based on.
Purpose of the project:
It lets us see your ability and helps you get familiar with our research and systems.
What’s involved in the project:
- Get familiar with Unity 3D, do a tutorial and build something of your choosing. You can find a number of example projects online.
- Create an Autodesk Education account using your @ufl.edu email address. After creating an account, go here, login, and create a character.
- Export your character, and import it into Unity. You may need to install Maya which is free to download with your Autodesk Education account.
- Create a scene (of your choosing) and make the character able to move around in the scene. The characters do not contain animations – you will need to create them yourself.
- When you’re finished (2 weeks), please email Dr. Lok (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an appointment to present your demo. Please look at the calendar on his webpage (www.lokben.com) to identify a time adjacent to another UF-based meeting.